Carbon monoxide is being produced in the majority of our homes. It comes from carbon based fuels such as wood, propane, natural gas, heating oil, coal, kerosene, charcoal and gasoline.
These toxic fumes can enter the body through normal breathing, leading to the lungs while replacing oxygen in the blood and preventing the flow of oxygen to vital organs. Symptoms can be from headaches and nausea to death.
There are precautions that homeowners should take to protect themselves and their families!
- Have appliances properly vented, maintained and inspected regularly by a licenced professional
- Have your chimney cleaned and inspected annually
- Install CSA approved Carbon Monoxide Dectectors throughout your home
For maximum protection - Carbon Monoxide Dectectors should be locatedin or near primary sleeping areas and on each level of your home. Any height is appropriate since carbon monoxide is the same weight as air.
DO NOT install the Detectors - in very cold temperatures, near cleaning products, near open flame appliances including, stoves, fireplaces or furnaces, near vents or exhaust or behind furniture or other obstructions.
Due Diligence will keep your family safe and healthy!!