Beat the Heat
Many people each year are hospitalized or die from carbon monoxide poisoning, most of them while sleeping! It's important to get educated about this colourless, odorless, tasteless toxic gas!
Carbon monoxide is being produced in the majority of our homes. It comes from carbon based fuels such as wood, propane, natural gas, heating oil, coal, kerosene, charcoal and gasoline.
These toxic fumes can enter the body through normal breathing, leading to the lungs while replacing oxygen in the blood and preventing the flow of oxygen to vital organs. Symptoms can be from headaches and nausea to death.
There are precautions that homeowners should take to protect themselves and their families!
Proper Placement of the Carbon Monoxide Detector
For maximum protection - Carbon Monoxide Dectectors should be locatedin or near primary sleeping areas and on each level of your home. Any height is appropriate since carbon monoxide is the same weight as air.
DO NOT install the Detectors - in very cold temperatures, near cleaning products, near open flame appliances including, stoves, fireplaces or furnaces, near vents or exhaust or behind furniture or other obstructions.
Due Diligence will keep your family safe and healthy!!
Air-Tech Mechanical is a certified Save on Energy Heating & Cooling Incentive Contractor.
We can help you with upgrades that are eligible for this government rebate.
Email Air-Tech for more information.
Beat the Heat!